Google Adwords Interview Questions And Answers 2018
1) Explain what is Adwords?
Adwords is the system that Google has designed to assist in marketing product or services in Google search engine and its affiliated sites. It will place a text ad that appears when people search for phrases associated to your offering
2) Why are we using Google AdWords?
The traffic that comes via Google AdWords or ‘Pay per Click’ is dealt differently. The organic traffic often visits the website for information, whereas the traffic through PPC ads knows what they are clicking on and what the
y want to buy. Therefore, few visitors coming via AdWords might be more valuable than the organic traffic.
3) Explain how AdWords work?
Adword directly works under a bidding system and by bidding I mean the price of a particular add. More the price, higher the ranking of the add. Also, these AdWords work on ‘pay per click’ which means you only pay the amount you have quoted, only if somebody clicks on your add.
4) Explain how does a Google auction work?
The auction is run billion times a month and users finds ads that falls in the category they are looking for. The search engine processes it and fixes the rank positions based on the auction which is again in relation to the cost per click.
5)Why do you think PPC is important in digital marketing?
Google adwords is important in digital marketing for the following reasons:
- You can reach the right customer at the right time.
- PPC shows results quickly as compared to organic campaigns.
- PPC can be effective in advertising odd products which are difficult to find easily.
6) Explain what is adrank?
Adrank is the position of your ad in google page
7) What are the various Google AdWords extensions?
There are different types of extensions which can be used to increase traffic. Some of the common ad extensions are: sitelink extension, callout extension, structured snippet extension, call extension, message extension, location extension, affiliate location extension, price extension, app extension, review extension and promotion extension.
8) What is Quality Score in Google AdWords?
Google’s quality score determines the value and relevancy of your ad to the user on the basis of keyword relevancy, quality of your landing, and your ad’s CTR. Higher quality score keywords will save your money and get better ad ranking.
9) what an ad group is in Google AdWords?
Ad group is a container of your landing pages, advertisements, and keywords. Google rewards advertisers who prepare AdWord Campaigns with tightly structured ad groups. Adding all keywords into the single ad group is not advisable rather it is better to organize keywords into themes.
10) Explain what is conversion optimizer in Adwords?
Conversion Optimizer is a tool used by Google Adwords for bid manipulation and decides which clicks on the ad will be valuable. It can help you to return maximum on your investment.
11) Name some of Google AdWord Ad Extensions.
There are different ad extensions to boost the traffic. Some of the common ad extensions are:
- Social Annotations
- Local Extensions
- Call Extensions
- Offer ads
- Mobile app extensions
- Seller ratings
- Image and drop down navigation Ad extension
- Review extension
- Communication Ad
12) What options can't be changed after creating an google adwords account?
After creating an account we can't change time zone and currency.
13) Mention what is the limit set for the number or characters for Adwords ad?
Limit for Adword is
- Description line 1st : 30 characters
- Description line 2nd: 30 characters
- Destination URL: 1024 characters
14) What does broad match modifier stand for in Google AdWords? How do you denote broad match modifier?
Ans- The broad match modifier lets us create keywords that have more reach as compared to the phrase match and more control than broad match. Incorporating modified broad match keywords to one’s campaign can makes it easier for them in getting more clicks and conversion at a minimal ROI.
You implement the modifier by putting a plus symbol (+) directly in front of one or more words in a broad match keyword. The words to which a + is added must be there in the user search query to trigger your ads.
15) Explain what is the meaning of CTR and how you can calculate?
CTR stands for Click through rate that tells the number of visitors visited on your ad on the web page. The formula for calculating CTR is
Number of click / Number of impressions X 100
These will give you an answer in percentage like what percentage of customers have viewed your ad.
16) What do you understand by Google Ad API? What are the uses of Google Ad API?
Good Ad API is designed for representing large, tech-savvy advertisers and third parties. It allows developers build an application that directly coordinates with Google AdWords server.
With Google Ad API, one can build an application to do following things:
- Develop additional applications and tools to manage accounts
- Automatically generate landing pages, custom reports, ad text, and generate keywords.
- Synchronize AdWors data with your inventory system to manage campaigns on the basis of the stock.
17) Mention what are the type of Keywords?
There are no specific types for Keywords however they are classified on the basis of how likely is going to be clicked by visitors
- Research Keywords: It tends to contain one or two words – Tea
- Consideration: It tends to contain two or three words – Green Tea
- Purchase: It must have more than three words – buy loose green tea
- Loyalty: This must be shorter- Starbucks
18) What factors affect landing page quality?
19) What factors affect landing page quality?
20) How to track conversions in Google AdWords?
In Google AdWords, conversion tracking can be done by:
Enabling your ad rotation setting to optimize for clicks which means AdWords will serve the ads it feels are likely to be clicked.
View-through conversions window option tracks when a person sees your ad but doesn’t click it. This is called impression.
Tracking purchases by involving basic tracking code provided by AdWords and modifying it with an additional code unique to your particular e-commerce platform.
A person can know when customers click on their ad for the first time and how frequently they saw your ad before converting by accessing search funnels inside tools and analysis.
21) How many keywords should I have per ad group?
Depending upon the level of ad control (by changing your keyword count), the number of keywords in an ad group varies.
For almost 50% of the advertisers, 10-20 keywords per ad group will work fine. However, newbies to PPC often fill ad groups with over 100 keywords but this doesn’t work well. This is because your ad group is serving one ad message, therefore that one single ad has to represent all of your different keywords.
AdWords’ Quality Score system loves it when your ad, your keyword & your landing page work in perfect harmony and are closely relevant. Too many keywords lead to too little relevance in your ad.
22) What are the factors of quality score?
these are some factors that effects quality score
- CTR of the account
- keywords/ad relevancy
- History of the account
- Landing page
23)What are Automatic bidding strategies?
The Automated bidding strategies are as follows:
- Maximize Clicks:-Automatically set bid to help to get as many clicks as your budget.
- Target Search Page Location:-Automatically set your bid to help increase the chances that your ad appear at the top the page or on the 1st page of search results.
- Target Out Ranking Share:-You choose a domain you want to outrank and how often you want to outrank.
- Target CPA:-Automatically set bids to help to get as many conversions as possible at the target CPA you set.Some conversations may cost more or less than your target CPA.
- Enhance CPC:-Automatically adjust manual bids to try to maximize conversions.
24)What are the Targeting options in Search network ads?
25)What are the Targeting options in Display network ads?
Interests and topics
Auto & Manual